Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life as of late

Since it is now May, I had this nagging feeling that something was being neglected. Of course, I knew it was this here blog, but I tried my best to ignore reality. I must admit, I have been really successful! However, in our defense, as we have adjusted to life in the big L-ville, things have seemed to kick into high gear. So, all those visions of sitting in lawn chairs while sipping lemonade have been shifted from now, and realistically placed in the far off future. Welcome to the working world Pells!! I suppose vagabonding was only going to last for so long...

Our jobs are very different. The man of the house works with his hands. I only pretend to work with my hands to look busy until a customer asks a question. He travels for his job. I travel in the form of pacing as I cover the ever so "vast" department. He could be struck at any moment with high voltage. I could be struck by a stray arrow or golf ball from the nearby archery or golf ranges. His company prides itself on being professional. My company posts a sign near the registers that reads, "Jeet Yet?". His company has strict regulations to enforce safety while dealing with large amounts of electricity. My company has strict regulations so that no one dips (chews) while on the sales floor.

If you have not yet gathered, our lines of work are on two very different playing fields. Yet we love it! We are so thankful for the way the Lord has provided work for us, and for how He is providing for our every need. Our passion is renewed to be salt and light in the world around us. Our mission is clear: To serve the Lord where He has us today. Sometimes we lose sight of that mission, yet we are then reminded that our focus needs to be on Christ.

So that is a brief update on this end. The plan is still to pursue seminary, and we covet your prayers as we continue adjusting, as we move forward with church membership, and as we continue to develop friendships. Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: