There is truly such joy in walking with Christ, and no matter what happens in this life, that is a wonderfully glorious truth. So often, I am tempted to despair. In fact, living in despair is kind of addicting, and it is a trap that easily entangles. That is what is so wonderful about the Gospel. The Gospel puts everything back into perspective...it reminds us of so many things: that we are wretched sinners in need of a Savior, that because of sin we deserve the wrath of God, that Christ took that wrath on the cross, that Christ conquered sin and death, that there is hope because of Christ, that we are no longer slaves to sin...
The above list could go on and on. I think we need to continually remind ourselves of God's truth, for how easily we tend to forget and live like those who do not have hope that is found in Jesus Christ. Those are the times that I easily despair, and I find myself clinging to the perishable rather than the imperishable. I am reminded today that there truly is joy in walking with Christ, no matter what occurs, and for that I am thankful.
"For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:13-14
No comments:
Post a Comment