Friday, September 5, 2008

A Pell Update

Wow! Today is the first day in quite some time that I have actually had the opportunity to devote a little time to blogging. Since it has been so long, I will devote this post to a short update. First of all, I thank many of you for your faithful prayers on our behalf, for which we are extremely grateful. We still do need your prayers as God directs us during our time here in Louisville.


It is hard to believe how fast the summer went by! I am sure many of you echo those very words. I ventured into early retirement from the working world at the end of July, with the intention of beginning pursuit of my Masters mid August. Some thought me crazy, as I had not yet been accepted to any school, let alone the one I wanted. This was not that big of a deal, as I had intended on quitting my job as it was too far away from home, and if school did not work out, I would begin looking for a job much closer. After jumping through a few hoops (I don't know of any application process that does not entail some traditional hoop jumping), the Lord opened the door to begin the Biblical Counseling program at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS). It is this very task that has consumed my every waking moment, and it is a task that is a joyful one to undertake. It is an honor to be studying at SBTS under brilliant men who undoubtedly love the Lord and His Word. I do ask for your prayers over these next two years.
The man of the house continues to faithfully bring home the bacon, and enjoys his work very much. He works with a neat group of guys from young to old, and I enjoy hearing the stories he brings home each day. His desire is to begin his studies this coming spring, during which he will continue working. He continues to surprise me with his numerous abilites, whether from shed building, door installation, insulating the attic, and dealing with every plumbing problem that comes down the pipe (hehe). He covets your prayers as he interfaces with the guys at work, and many others throughout the day, wanting to be a clear picture of Christ.

That truly is our desire while here in L-ville: To clearly depict Christ. We are thankful for the opportunity to do so, and grateful that even though we sometimes miserably fail in doing so, God graciously works despite us. We have not lost our fervor to go overseas, and still continue on with that goal in mind. We are grateful for this time of equipping, and daily ask for His direction and leading as He prepares us for the future. Thank you dear friends for your prayers and encouragement along the way.

I do want to encourage you to visit the SBTS website and listen to the chapel messages given this week by Dr. David Platt. I promise it will be worth your time. You can find the website under our links section. Once at the main page, you will see a section where you can "Tune In." We pray that you are rejoicing in Him this day, no matter what circumstances surround you. Thankful that we serve a risen Savior,

Because He lives!!!!!!
The Pells

No comments: